3.28.2013

Feature Friday #5

Alison Can Read Feature & Follow

Follow Friday meme is hosted by Parajunkie and Allison Can Read.

Tell us about the most emotional scene you've ever read in a book - and how did you react?

To be quite honest, I usually get teary eyed when I read about my favorite genre, historical romance. But, the most emotionally touching book that I think is worth mentioning is A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks.  Now, I don't usually go for this type of romance but this struck a chord in my cold, black heart.  I read the book in  one night and cried practically from start to finish which I thought was a bit odd.  I might have been at a different point of my life back then but this hasn't happened again!
 
My hubby usually looks at me all weird and laughs when I shed a few tears while reading so I tend to avoid crying - which doesn't always work out all the time.
 
Have you read any tear-jerkers lately? Share them below!

10 comments :

Liesel Hill said...

I really should read this one! I freakin' LOVED the film. Glad the book is great too! :D Old follower. My FFs are at Musings on Fantasia and LKHill. Happy Friday! ;D

Lover Of Romance said...

nice pick!! I just love a good tear- jerker though.

Jessica Mangicaro said...

Oh, yes, this book was quite emotional. But then again, most of Nicholas Sparks books are for me!

Old GFC Follower

My FF

Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

Marissa said...

I haven't read the book but the movie got me :( good choice!

old follower.

http://myloveforfilmsandnovels.blogspot.com/2013/03/feature-follow-19.html

Danielle @ coffee @ characters said...

This one pulled my heart strings too! Thanks for checking out my FF, I'd highly recommend reading the Host, wayy better than the twilight books tho it does start out a bit slow

Lectus Read said...

I didn't read the book but I watched the movie and loved it :-)

Well, I mainly love anything with Keanu Reeves in it. New follower. This is my FF

Robyn Jones said...

I haven't read this one, but I bawled my eyes out watching the movie. And I even watched it again and cried again. New GFC follower (I added you to google+ too). Here's my FF.

Quinn's Book Nook said...

I haven't read anything by Nicholas Sparks. I get teary eyed while reading too, so I try to find books that are emotional, but funny, too.

Cerian Halford said...

I cry a lot when I read too lol I've not read the book, but when I watch the movie I definitely end up sobbing away!
I'm an old follower :)

My FF

Soo said...

Hi! Following you via Twitter. That books is on my TBR. I've heard a lot about it and that makes me leery of reading it while it's on my mind. heh-



Silk Screen Views is new to the blog hop. It looks interesting and I’m looking forward to finding out fun blogs out there. To follow us, you can Follow via WordPress, Email, RSS, Twitter and Facebook. To get the latest updates for sure, I recommend Following by WordPress, Email or RSS.

For my answer, I described a scene from Written in Red by Anne Bishop. You can read the answer here:
http://silkscreenviews.wordpress.com/2013/04/02/feature-follow-friday-1/

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! Please feel free to post love, violent reactions, and whatnot.

I love commenting as well and I will be back at ya with a comment and check out your blog if you leave the necessary info.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.