Reckless and wild, beautiful Lily Lawson delights in shocking proper London society - and will break any rule to flaunt her independence. And now she is determined to rescue her helpless sister from an upcoming, undesired marriage to Lord Alex Raiford, the arrogant Earl of Wolverton. Through fair means and foul, the headstrong hellion succeeds outrageously - but her handsome adversary is not to be outdone. A master gamesman, Lord Alex counter's Lily's scorn with kindness, and parries her blistering barbs with gentle words and a soft, sensous touch. For he has resolved to make the spirited miss pay dearly for her interference - with her body, her soul...and her stubborn, unyielding heart.
I read the Dreaming of You first and was intrigued by Lily Lawson. In the book Dreaming of You, she was portrayed as a respectable lady albeit with a dubious past.
In the first few chapters, I wasn't warming up to Lily as I should. I thought her antics (especially the one mentioned in the first chapter) were ridiculous. However, as the story progressed, I empathized with her. The hero, Alex Raiford, is not as dark as Derek Craven (who I absolutely love) however, I think he is the perfect match to Lily's headstrong character.
I enjoyed reading the love-hate relationship that Lily and Alex went through, and love their heated arguments and banters. I especially enjoyed reading about Lily getting away with tying Alex to her bed to keep him away from her sister AND the gamble at the end where Lily lost.
One thing that I would have wanted was a Prologue about Lily losing her daughter.
My Rating: 4
Heat Level: 4

No comments :
Post a Comment
I love getting comments! Please feel free to post love, violent reactions, and whatnot.
I love commenting as well and I will be back at ya with a comment and check out your blog if you leave the necessary info.
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.