1.31.2013

Feature Friday: Waking Up in Your Favorite Book



Happy Friday everyone!  This is my first post for Follow Friday hosted by Parajunkie and Allison Can Read.  I'm hoping I'm doing this right!  It's been a while since I joined a meme.

Question:
What is the first thing you would do if you woke up to find yourself in your favorite book?

For the life of me, I cannot pick a favorite book to wake up in!  But I would think that I will be lice Alice, you know, the one in Wonderland? LOL  So much for that bit of fun but here goes my serious answer.

I love the Regency era, so yeah, no modern technology, no internet, no cellphones, you get the picture. I would however, go shopping and get me some of those awesome gowns and coutume-y period clothing.   Assuming I would me waking up as one of the ladies of the ton, a debutante to boot, I would go to all the lavish parties, go and explore the period - meet some pirates, try to be a bluestocking, check out the rookeries, solve a crime, meet the Bow Street Runners, check out those old castles - the works! If possible, try to experience what some of those romance heroines experienced.

Well, what would you do?  Leave a comment and follow, follow, follow!

10 comments :

Naomi Hop said...

Great pick!! An old favourite!!

Here's My FF!
Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace
New Follower :)

Unknown said...

Great pick! New G+ follower :)

My FF

Nerfy said...

Great response, I'd love to wake up in the regency era!

New follower :)

Here's my FF -

RobynLeanne @ Fairytales and Folklore

Liesel K. Hill said...

Shopping in the Regency period would be awesome! :D My FF post is at either Musings on Fantasia or LKHill. Happy Friday! :D

Shane @ItchingforBooks said...

ooh good answer. didn't think of that.

http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/02/feature-and-follow-35.html

Jessica (Peace Love Books) said...

Waking up in the regency era would be so fantastic! I love the clothes so much! Great answer :)

Here's my FF!

Anonymous said...

Great pick! A classic—I didn't think of that. And waking up in the Regency era would be a dream come true, wouldn't it? :D Happy reading!

New follower via FB and Twitter
Raina @ The LUV'NV

Unknown said...

i love the Regency era! Georgette Heyer is my favorite auuthor, but I love most anything written in that era. Reading about the ton just sets my imagination on fire. :-)

New Twitter and FB follower! Here's my FF!

Beth said...

Party like it's 1899!

Looks-Mostly-Harmless said...

Hi, from a new Google + follower.

Good choice! :)

http://coffeecookiesandchilipeppers.blogspot.com/2013/01/feature-feature-9.html

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! Please feel free to post love, violent reactions, and whatnot.

I love commenting as well and I will be back at ya with a comment and check out your blog if you leave the necessary info.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.