Do you ever try to pair music with the book you’re reading? Play the movie soundtrack while reading the original book? Find mood music that fits with your story?
This is the first time that I will be joining Booking Through Thursday so I will give this a shot. I'm not really a fan of reading and listening to music at the same time. To me, this just ruins the mood and prevents me from immersing myself in the world I am reading about. I love music but pairing it with reading just does not cut it. I may like the songs/music in the soundtrack and I may hunt them down and listen to it obsessively for about a few days but that's it.
Thinking about the soundtrack while reading the book is another story, though. For example, while reading Harry Potter, I tend to imagine the sounds, and this includes the theme music by John Williams, and basically see the movie in my head while reading. I think this is a more fun thing to do and actually adds drama to my reading.

2 comments :
I can't listen to music while reading either.
I'm no fan of doing both things at the same time either. Just can't do it.
Post a Comment
I love getting comments! Please feel free to post love, violent reactions, and whatnot.
I love commenting as well and I will be back at ya with a comment and check out your blog if you leave the necessary info.
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.